COMPREHENSIVE EXAMINATION INFORMATION
Exam Areas, Dates, Location, Times Schedule, Parking, Miscellaneous
EXAM AREAS: Students will take tests over eight broad areas:
- Safety Management and Philosophy
- Hazard Awareness
- Safety Legislation
- Economic Aspects of Safety
- Fire Safety
- Loss Control
- Industrial Hygiene
GENERAL EXAM INFORMATION:
- Comprehensive examinations require the student to demonstrate the knowledge gained from course work in a manner that shows his/her ability to integrate ideas and write coherently. Questions are drawn from the material taught in the required courses. Students taking the all course work program are required to take comprehensive exams.
- Students who write a problem report or a thesis DO NOT have to take Comprehensive Examinations.
- Students may take Comprehensive Examinations during the semester that they are completing their LAST REQUIRED course.
EXAM DATES & LOCATION:
- Fall 2012 Exam is scheduled for Friday, November 21st – Room 243 MRB
- Spring 2013 Exam is scheduled for Friday, April 17th – Room TBA
- NOTE: Comprehensive Exams are usually offered on the 3rd Friday in April and November. There are NO Summer Comprehensive Exams.
- Arrive at 8:00 a.m. - Complete Paperwork
- Exam begins at 8:30 a.m. sharp!
- Morning exam sessions from 8:30 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.
- Group Photo at 11:40 a.m. (Please Dress Appropriately!)
- Lunch from 12:00 noon to 1:15 p.m.
- Afternoon exam sessions from 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 pm
- 4:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Complete additional paperwork
- WVU Coliseum – Free. Take the Campus Bus to the Mineral Resources Building
- Paid Lot next to the Green House – Walk to the Mineral Resources Building
- Pail Lot below the President’s Home – Walk to the Mineral Resources Building
- Bring a pocket calculator - optional
- Food may be purchased at ‘Bits and Bytes’ in the Engineering Science Building